Replacement Windows Tampa
Guide to Replacing Your Windows
STH Windows & Doors specializes in replacement windows and doors in Tampa, FL to enhance the beauty and security of your home. With all of the different window options, materials, and brands available in the marketplace, we understand the process can be overwhelming… STH Windows & Doors is here to guide you through window replacements Tampa.
Signs Your Windows Need to be Replaced
Unless your window panes or frames are visibly cracked or damaged, many of the signs your windows need replacing may not be obvious to the average homeowner. Here are some of the top signs to look for to determine if your windows and doors need to be replaced:
- Home Age: The average lifespan for windows is 15 -20 years. If your home was built before 2007 and still has its original windows and doors, then it’s time to start exploring replacement options.
- Soundproofing: Older, single-pane windows lack the outdoor noise reduction features of modern double-pane and impact-resistant windows. Whether it’s traffic, barking dogs, airplanes flying over your house or your neighbor mowing the lawn, replacing your windows can help minimize unwanted outdoor noise.
- High Energy Bills: Are your AC and heating bills through the roof? This is a leading sign your windows need to be replaced. Older, single-pane windows are vulnerable to leaks and drafts, resulting in higher energy bills.
- Difficult to Operate: Do you feel like you need to be a body builder to open your window or sliding glass door? This is a good sign that your windows need to be replaced. Opening your windows should not be a chore or a source of exercise, they should open and close effortlessly.
- Condensation: Foggy windows and condensation between panes is a sign of old and damaged windows that need to be replaced. If you have hazy windowpanes, it’s time for window replacement.
Replacement Window Features
There are several important features to consider when you are shopping for replacement windows:
Today’s wood-framed windows are clad in aluminum, vinyl, or fiberglass to protect the wood from the elements and eliminate the need for painting. Wood windows tend to be the most expensive. Many brands offer various wood types, such as pine, maple, and oak, for the interior parts of the window. Wood-frame windows can be either painted or stained at the factory, or you can add it to your to-do list.
- Double or Triple Glazing
Double-glazed windows have a sealed space between two panes of glass filled with air or argon gas, which slows the transfer of heat through the window. Gas provides better insulation and is standard on many windows, but the energy savings won’t justify paying more for it. Triple-glazing adds a third layer of glass, which reduces noise significantly. Energy savings are improved, but not enough to justify cost in all but extremely cold climates or where there is a constant and very loud noise (such as near airports or major freeways).
- Low-E Coating
Low-emissivity (low-E) coatings are transparent and improve the efficiency of the glass by reflecting heat yet letting in light. The coating is applied to the outside glass in warmer climates to reflect the sun’s heat out, and in colder climates it’s applied to the inside glass to keep heat in. But keep in mind that any coatings applied to glass, no matter how transparent, reduce the visibility.
- Tilt-In Sashes
On single- and double-hung windows, the sashes (the moving part of a window) can be tilted in for easy cleaning. Almost all brands have this feature.
Replacement Windows by STH Windows & Doors
STH is the premier provider of replacement windows in the Tampa Bay area. Our replacement window experts at STH Windows & Doors will guide you through your options to find precisely the right product, both functionally and aesthetically.
From Tampa to St. Petersburg and throughout Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco and Polk County, climates and temperatures can change abruptly. Selecting the right replacement window package for a home or building can not only help keep your temperatures comfortable, but also offer substantial energy efficiency as well.
If you’re a homeowner, we know that purchasing a new window package can often feel overwhelming and many times, you’re forced to deal with high-pressure salespeople who don’t really have your best interests in-mind. At STH Windows & Doors, we’re here to help navigate you through the replacement windows selection process and always work to adhere to your budget and preferences.
Rocky and Brooks came out to my home to measure for new replacement windows for my new addition They made great suggestions on what would look best.
My new windows looked so amazing that I hired them to replace the rest of the windows in my whole house!
I am so happy with my new windows. I highly recommend STH. They respond quickly and are very professional.
June 18, 2020
STH windows, replaced an oversized window in a bedroom that was always too hot or too cold. Owner Rocky was very attentive and kept us abreast of timeline and when window was ready. Install was quick and they even remediated rotten wood around opening the same day Vs having us do this and coming back. Made replacing my 1950s window a good experience and we will def use them again. Thank you Rocky and Justin!
April 18, 2022
From start to finish, Rocky really took care of every detail! Our project hit a couple bumps in the road due to the pandemic, but Rocky kept us informed of what was going on and the next steps. He was communicative about price, timeline, and product. If I had questions, he was ready to answer them.
June 18, 2021